“Hospice care is designed for the final day of life” is not more than just a myth. However, it is also the fact that many families don’t approach hospice care until their loved one is dying, or they have left only one or two days to survive, which is very unfortunate. By the end of this short post, you will be amazed to learn about a range of benefits of early admission to the best hospice services in San Fernando Valley.
Benefits of Early admission to hospice care;
- Early admission to hospice care can help with medication, and proper pain and symptoms management, which results in more comfort and lesser hospitalization.
- Early admission can also help decrease stress levels, which can have a positive impact on the quality of life.
- Patients get full emotional, spiritual, and psychological support.
- Early admission leads to a major reduction in hospital visits which allows the patients to have more comfort and rest. Visiting the hospitals over and over again leads to extreme discomfort.
- Hospice care includes a need for equipment and supplies like hospital beds, wheelchairs, or commode, so that the patients can be better cared for. Earlier access to this stuff also helps caregivers cope with the increasing needs of the patients.
- Earlier admission is helpful for both patients and caregivers as they will have enough time to provide bereavement support which lessens the grief experienced by the family of the patient.
- Because the best hospice services in San Fernando Valley. focuses on the well-being of dying patients, earlier admission means more time for quality care.
- The patients who are admitted early will require fewer ICU admissions. For dying patients, it is discomfortable to visit hospitals or ICUs in a state of crisis. Patients are more likely to die at home surrounded by their loved ones.
- Early admission to Tehachapi Hospice Services ultimately adds more days to live. Patients with early hospice care tend to live a few more months as they receive proper care and support.
The Final Take
The evidence is quite stronger that early admission to hospice care benefits the patients and family members to a great extent. Studies have clearly shown that patients who receive hospice care tend to live longer than patients who did not receive hospice care. However, early admission is only possible when the patients and their family members are aware of its benefits. Hence, if your loved one is dying of serious illness and no treatment seems effective anymore, it is high time to consider Tehachapi Hospice Services.