CPAP therapy is one of the suitable treatment options recommended by physicians for patients who have obstructive sleep Apnea, in which insufficient air reaches their lungs. In this therapy, CPAP machines use mild air pressure to keep the airway open and are commonly used by patients who have trouble breathing during sleep. More importantly, CPAP therapy helps to ensure that your airway doesn’t collapse when you breathe during sleep at night.
You need to have many supplies and accessories to accomplish this treatment. You can visit any store and buy CPAP supplies in Dallas, TX, to fulfil this need.
Why use CPAP?
Although there is a notable adjustment period to using CPAP therapy, following this treatment process can yield substantial benefits in the end.
- Reduce or eliminate your snoring.
- Keep your airway open while you sleep.
- Lower or eliminate daytime tiredness, a symptom of sleep apnea.
- Improve your quality of sleep.
- Circumvent or significantly decrease high blood pressure.
- Significant decrease of daytime drowsiness.
- Increased alertness during the day.
- Prevention or reversal of severe health conditions such as heart diseases and stroke.
CPAP therapy is the most popular nonsurgical treatment for sleep apnea disorder. It is the first treatment option for people suffering from trouble breathing.
CPAP machine and its Supplies
When you are recommended to use a CPAP machine, you will consult with your sleep care specialist to make sure your settings work well for you. It’s every sleep care specialist’s concern that the air pressure from the CPAP machine is enough to keep your breathing route open while you sleep at night.
There are various types of CPAP devices and masks. So don’t hesitate to tell your physician and sleep care specialist if the type you’re dealing with isn’t the most comfortable.
CPAP therapy incorporates a CPAP machine, which includes the following
- A mask that covers your nose, or both nose and mouth.
- A hose that attaches the mask to the CPAP machine.
- A motor that pumps air into the tube.
- Air Filter to purify the air and keep dust and allergens away.
You can get all these easily from an online store of CPAP supplies in Dallas, TX
It may take some days to become comfortable using a CPAP machine. If you are not used to it, talk to your physician. You can use other varieties of masks or make additional adjustments.
Clean CPAP machine accessories regularly
Bacteria and fungi can grow in the CPAP accessories. Dust, allergens, dirt, and mold can also get into them. Therefore, by not cleaning CPAP accessories regularly, these contaminants can cause severe diseases for you. They can also cause the unit to malfunction and cause an unpleasant odour.
Using ResMed CPAP cleaner and sanitizer is best to clean your CPAP machine accessories. While some people use warm water and a gentle cleanser with a few drops of white vinegar to disinfectant the CPAP parts.